ALL ABOUT MY ROOM RE-DO!
Updated: Feb 17, 2020
If you didn't know by now, my family moved back home to Tennessee June 2017 after living in Alabama for 6 years. When we moved, I never really did a ton with my room at once. I still had my decor from when our house was on the market my senior year of high school. While I liked it, I also wanted to do something a little different with it. I kept the same bedding, but decided to change up the decor/ colors in my room. So today, I wanted to share with y'all what I did to change my room up!
Before we get started with all of the re-decorating, you have to know where we started!
I wanted a clean looking space with neutrals and pops of gold/ rusty orange-red (I guess that's how you can describe it?), as well as shades of neutral pinks. I bought a pillow at Target & that actually became my inspiration for the rest of the bedroom!
It took over a year to get everything just like I wanted, but after lots of buying here & there (along with painting my walls & some picture frames), we finally got my room all set up!
My bed is the focal point of my room, so I wanted to make sure that it captured the vision I had for it: clean, crisp, & simple with a touch of color!
(CLICK THE WORDS FOR LINKS TO THE PRODUCTS OR SIMILAR ITEMS!)
FRAME: Custom-sized frame from Hobby Lobby
PILLOW: Target (not sold online anymore!)
MY DESK AREA:
My desk is where I spend a LOT of my time! I constantly have homework to do, emails to send, blog posts to write, photos to edit, music to upload & so much more! I wanted to make sure that my desk area helped me focus, so I want to keep things pretty simple (not many decorations). However, I also wanted it to inspired me, so I hung a ton of photos & quotes/ Bible verses up above my desk to help me out! My mom also loves to redo furniture, so she found this really cute chair & repainted it, then I picked out fabric to cover the seat.
- I spray painted the knob gold to match my room better!
- I've seen it in stores recently, but can't seem to find a link to it for some reason. It's just a basic lamp in lighting.
- Five Below also has a version of these if you're wanting a cheaper version!
- I've included a similar version. I found mine at TJMaxx & still see the there all the time though! This one linked is from Amazon & the same price mine was. I've also bought add-on letters so I can spell more. You can find those at Michael's!
- This one is from IKEA. Five Below doesn't sell mine anymore. However, this one is only $1 more!
I had some "dead space" to the left of my desk, but I wanted an ottoman for some extra storage. I found this one from Target & my room was complete after that!
THE ROOM ACCESSORIES:
The accessories/ details are really what bring a room together- & I love mine! I like to accent with basic colors & gold is my favorite, so there's lots of that spread throughout my room.
- I had a different color felt letter board when we first moved, so I had double the letters to put whatever quote I wanted on it. I recommend purchasing an add-on letter kit (or honestly just purchasing a second felt board since they're so cheap) at Five Below so you have more creative writing freedom!
NIGHTSTAND PICTURE FRAME: Hobby Lobby
CANDLE: Target, but smells like Anthropologie!
The last part of my room I have to show y'all is my closet! My closet combines two of my favorite things: clothes & organizing. I wanted to make sure to showcase what I wanted to (my pretty shoes & accessories), but hide what I didn't want people to see (everyday shoes, workout stuff, simple shorts, etc.). With a little help from cube storage pieces & baskets, I was able to achieve just that!
CALENDAR PAGES: I got them from Hobby Lobby & then watercolored the months on there!
CARRIE BRADSHAW SIGN: T.J.Maxx
So there you have it, folks! I am so happy with how my bedroom turned out after working on it with my mom for so long, so I'm glad that I finally get to share it with all of y'all! I tried my best to link everything above, but if you have any questions, please feel free to send me a message & I will answer as best as I can.
Thanks again for reading! Y'all rock.